This policy provides information about how funding is allocated to schools through the Student Resource Package (SRP) for core student learning needs.
Core student learning allocation funding is one of two types of student based funding. The other type of student based funding is Equity funding.
Student based funding represents the main funding source for all schools and comprises approximately 90% of the total SRP provided to schools. This funding is designed to cover core teaching and learning, leadership, teaching support, professional development, relief teaching, payroll tax and superannuation costs for the school.
The Core Student Learning Allocation is designed to recognise the differing costs associated with different levels of learning, different types and sizes of schools, and the additional costs imposed by rurality and isolation. The specific types of Core Student Learning Allocation funding are listed below.
The Guidance tab provides information about each of the specific types of Core Student Learning Allocation funding.
- Student per capita funding Years Prep-12 Students
- Enrolment Linked Base
- Small School Base
- Rural School Size Adjustment Factor
- Core Index Stages 1-3
- Size Adjustment Supplementation
- Approved Early Education Program
- Principal Salary Adjustment
- Language and Learning Disabilities Support Program
- Mental Health Practitioners
Not all types of funding are available to all schools. Funding is assessed according to school or campus type and student need.
Schools are expected to use SRP funds for the purpose for which it was allocated.
For more general information on the SRP, please refer to the Student Resource Package — Overview page.
- Finance Manual — Financial Management for Schools
- Framework for Improving School Outcomes
- Student Enrolment Census
- Student Resource Package — Overview
- Student Resource Package — Equity Funding (Student Based Funding)
- Student Resource Package — Managing the Budget
- Student Resource Package — School Infrastructure
- Student Resource Package — School Specific Programs
- Student Resource Package — Targeted Initiatives
- Students with Disability
For queries regarding Language and Learning Disabilities Support Program (Reference 10):
Reviewed 03 April 2023