The purpose of this policy is to set out requirements for schools to:
- provide student enrolment data to the Department for funding allocation, provisioning, planning and national reporting
- maintain school contact information in CASES21
- Schools must submit a Student Enrolment Census through CASES21 twice each year, on the last school day in February and on the first Friday in August.
- Schools are requested to submit summary enrolment data by year level twice per year, in January and August, for provisioning, planning and to calculate indicative funding.
- Schools must keep their school contact information, including Principal details, up to date in CASES21 at all times.
Student Enrolment Census
- Schools must submit a Student Enrolment Census through CASES21 twice each year:
- on the last school day in February, and
- on the first Friday in August
- Student enrolment data reported in the February student enrolment census are used to calculate the SRP for each school for that year. Student Family Occupation (SFO) and Student Family Education (SFE) data reported in the August student enrolment census is used to calculate the Equity Funding (Social Disadvantage) for the following year.
- Schools must ensure all students included in each Student Enrolment Census are enrolled in line with the Enrolment policy, counted at the correct time fraction, correctly classified as SRP-funded or non-SRP funded and meet attendance requirements.
- Schools must ensure student background information required for nationally consistent reporting (including indigenous background, family occupation, parental school and non-school education) is collected in the required format and updated if required prior to submitting the August student enrolment census.
- Student enrolment data submitted in each census are validated by the Department after submission and adjusted as necessary. This includes physical visits to a sample of schools to conduct Enrolment Data Verification. SRP funding allocations may be adjusted based on the results of these data verifications.
Start of School Year Enrolment Collection
- Schools are requested to complete the Start of School Year Enrolment Collection each year on the second day that students attend school advising the number of students at each year level attending the school in the current year (at campus level if applicable).
- The Start of School Year Enrolment Collection allows the Department to respond to additional provisioning requirements for the current school year that were not anticipated at the time of the August student enrolment census.
- If a school does not complete the Start of School Year Enrolment, the Principal’s Projections from the previous year will be assumed to still apply.
- Schools are requested to complete the Principal’s Projections each year on the first Friday in August advising the expected number of students at each year level for the following school year (at campus level if applicable).
- The Principal’s Projections are used to calculate the Indicative SRP for the following year and allow the Department to plan resourcing.
- If a school does not submit Principal’s Projections, the Indicative SRP for that school will use the finalised enrolment numbers from the February student enrolment census that year.
Maintaining school contact information
- Schools must update contact details for their school in CASES21 whenever a change occurs.
- School contact information in CASES21 populates the Entity Register providing a source of truth for school details at any point in time.
- Accurate contact information for each school is essential for the Department to provide emergency response and support when required.
Department policy setting out the requirements for schools to provide student enrolment data to the Department for funding allocation, provisioning, planning and national reporting and more
Reviewed 21 March 2022