Appendix — CASES21 instructions
The following instructions are provided for two CASES21 enrolment items that specifically relate to census counts.
Entering visa details on CASES21
Schools must enter visa details through the Demographics tab screen of CASES21 program ST11001/ST11001T. A student’s visa details can relate to a Permanent or Temporary Residence Visa.
If the student holds a Permanent Residence Visa, then:
- enter the student’s Resident Status as ‘P’ for Permanent
- enter the student’s Basis of Permanent Residency as P (Permanent Residence Visa) and
- enter the visa sub-class as recorded on their visa
If the student holds a Temporary Residence Visa, then:
- enter the student’s Residence Status as ‘T’ for Temporary
- enter the visa sub-class as recorded on their visa and
- enter the Visa Expiry Date and Statistical Code when prompted as CASES21 will require these details for some visas
Record a student on CASES21 whose SRP funding is being claimed by another school
For students who do most of their study at one school (referred to in these Guidelines as the home school) with some study at a second school, the schools may agree that the home school will claim all SRP funding and transfer resources to the second school for the additional subject. To reflect this outcome in each school’s census return, the following needs to occur:
- The home school should record the student on CASES21 as SRP funded and full-time at the school.
- The second school should record the student on CASES21 as follows:
- go to the School tab screen of CASES21 program ST11001/ST11001T and set the Full-Time field to N to indicate that the student is part-time
- enter the time fraction appropriate to the workload being undertaken at the school
- click on the Part-Time details “daisy-chain” link that appears
- ensure the home school is recorded as sharing the student with the remainder of the time fraction so that the total time fraction equals 1
- go to the Finance tab screen of CASES21 program ST11001/ST11001T and set the Eligible for SRP Funding field to N and
- exclude the student from the census count using the CASES21 Enrolment Census Application. Refer to the CASES21 Enrolment Census Process Guide for assistance in using this option.
Reviewed 02 February 2021