This policy provides information about how funding is allocated to schools through the Student Resource Package (SRP) for additional learning needs.
Student based funding represents the main funding source for all schools and comprises approximately 90% of the total SRP provided to schools. This funding is designed to cover core teaching and learning, leadership, teaching support, professional development, relief teaching, payroll tax and superannuation costs for the school.
The SRP provides equity funding where additional funding is required to compensate for additional learning needs. The specific types of Equity funding are listed below.
Education State (Including additional Gonski)
- Equity (Social Disadvantage)
- Equity (Catch Up)
Programs for Students with Disabilities
- Program for Students with Disabilities Levels 1-6
- Program for Students with Disabilities — Transition Support Funding
- Special School Complexity
- Interpreter Staff Salaries
- Medical Intervention Support
- Special School Transport Administrative Cost
English as an Additional Language
- EAL Program Funding
- EAL Contingency Funding
- Tier 2 school-level funding
- Tier 3 student-level funding – information will be provided later in 2021
Not all types of funding are available to all schools. Funding is assessed according to school and student need.
Schools are expected to use SRP funds for the purpose for which it was allocated.
Reviewed 05 August 2021