2021 Statement of Expectation for Education Support Class Employees
The performance and development process in 2021 provides the opportunity for education support class employees to choose to undertake the standard Performance and Development Plan (PDP) process or an alternative Statement of Expectation. Staff selecting the Statement of Expectation process are not required to complete any routine documentation or monitoring in eduPay.
The 2021 Statement of Expectation for education support class employees is set out below. There is diversity and breadth in education support roles, and education support class employees are encouraged to consider how they contribute to these areas as appropriate to their role and setting. Owing to this breadth and diversity in education support roles, the application of the Statement of Expectation may focus on one, two or all three of the area below.
Education support class employees contribute to or support, as appropriate to their role, teaching and learning programs.
Education support class employees collaborate with other school staff, as appropriate to their role, to support the planning and/or delivery of programs and supports for student health and wellbeing.
3. Connected schools
Education support class employees contribute to building community and strengthening positive partnerships with parents, carers and other individuals and groups within the wider school community, as appropriate to their role.
At the start of the cycle
- Education support staff indicate to their reviewer if they will undertake the standard PDP process or the 2021 Statement of Expectation, at any time prior to 30 April 2021.
- Education support staff discuss with their reviewers how their contributions accord with the 2021 Statement of Expectation.
Throughout the year
- There will continue to be benefit in regular discussions between employees and reviewers.
- Where there is a concern that an employee is not making an appropriate contribution to meet the Statement of Expectation, this concern should be raised with that employee in writing at the time the concern becomes apparent, and no later than 1 September 2021. Support must be provided to the employee and the opportunity to enable improvement in their contribution to meet the Statement of Expectation.
At the end of the cycle
- At the end of semester 2, education support staff will reflect on and be acknowledged for their learning, growth and contribution to the Statement of Expectation with their reviewers.
- It is assumed that education support class employees who opt-in to this process will meet the Statement of Expectation, in which case no action is required in eduPay.
2021 Statement of Expectation – Frequently asked questions
The following frequently asked questions have been developed to support school staff to implement the 2021 Statement of Expectation.
Reviewed 12 May 2021