Teacher Housing Property Management Guidelines
Overview and table of contents
The Teacher Housing portfolio is supported by the Department, primarily as an incentive to attract Teachers to take up positions at particular remote locations.
As a result of Teacher Housing being exempt from the these guidelines were developed to cover the rights and responsibilities of Teacher Tenants and the Landlord and delegated officers in the Department.
This document aims to assist and support Host Schools in the allocation and maintenance of employee housing stock attached to their school.
The Teacher Housing Property Management Guidelines contain the following chapters:
- Definitions for the Teacher Housing Portfolio
- Legislative background
- Budget and Maintenance
- Allocation of Premises
- Entering into an Agreement
- Assignment and Sub-letting
- Condition of Property
- Tenant and Landlord Obligations during the Lease
- Repairs — Urgent and Non–Urgent
- Right of Entry
- Change in Employment Conditions
- Breach of Tenancy Agreement
- Vacating the Premises
Reviewed 03 March 2021