10. Updating the School Strategic Plan
During the process of developing an Annual Implementation Plan (AIP), and over the life of the 4-year School Strategic Plan (SSP), the school may identify a need to adapt the SSP.
Such changes may be required if the school becomes involved in a new major initiative, if a new problem of practice is identified through analysis of evidence, or if the school determines through end-of-year assessment that a new key improvement strategies (KIS) is necessary in order to improve the student outcomes identified in targets.
To modify the SSP:
- the senior education improvement leader (SEIL) must be consulted and a rationale for the changes presented
- the school council must be consulted on the changes.
When modifying the SSP:
- the KIS should not be deleted but modified or added to
- targets should be edited only where there has been a change in dataset, or when a new dataset has become available.
Reviewed 02 October 2023