Within the state-wide parameters set out in the Management of Teacher Work Guide (found in the tab), each school has responsibility for determining the allocation of teacher work consistent with the requirements of the Victorian Government Schools Agreement 2017.
- face-to-face teaching, including rostered classes and extras
- the work directly related to the teaching and learning program of a teacher's class or classes (such as planning, preparation, assessment of student learning, collaboration, professional development and peer observation including feedback and reflection)
- other duties related to the operation and organisation of the school (such as meetings, student supervision, reporting, organisational duties, implementation of government education initiatives)
- other factors including class size, curriculum mix, range of ability and age of students, demands and behaviours of those students, resources available and facilities
- voluntary or discretionary effort, including school camps, concerts, excursions and after-school sport
Reviewed 23 February 2021