Department roles and responsibilities
The below roles have specific responsibility in the collection, monitoring of and response to, physical restraint and seclusion data.
Security and Emergency Management Division
The Security and Emergency Management Division collects data on restraint and seclusion use in schools consistent with the and provides the principal behaviour support adviser (PBSA) with access to the data.
Incident Support and Operations Centre (ISOC)
- ISOC call-takers follow the Restraint and Seclusion Policy and Guidelines, to accurately record incidents as physical restraint, seclusion, or protective physical intervention
- Triages incidents according to their severity
- Provides reports on incidents
- Seeks the advice and assistance of the PBSA as required
- Distribute restraint and seclusion data provided by the PBSA to area executive directors and others as required
- Schedule discussions of restraint and seclusion at regional executive team meetings
- Invite the PBSA to discuss restraint and seclusion data and regional initiatives
School support executive directors
- Distribute restraint and seclusion data provided by regional directors to inclusion, access and participation managers and others as required
- Act in collaboration with Regional Directors
Inclusion, access, and participation managers
Coordinate regional actions to address restraint and seclusion data provided by School Support Executive Directors.
Area executive directors
- Provide restraint and seclusion data provided by regional directors to senior education improvement leaders
- Identify data requiring further investigation and respond to incidents of physical restraint or seclusion in collaboration with the PBSA as required
Senior education improvement leaders
- Provide support to schools as needed based on restraint and seclusion data provided by area executive directors
- Seek the advice and assistance of the PBSA as required
Reviewed 22 March 2022