The following resources are available to support schools with EAL learners
For guidelines on the employment and roles of multicultural education aides (MEA) in Victorian Government schools, refer to:
Government schools can access free interpreters (within guidelines) for activities such as learning more about a student’s educational background.
Identifying EAL students
Government schools may wish to use the guide to gather key information about a student’s educational background and identify EAL students. This guide includes information about how to ensure students are identified for funding purposes on CASES21.
CASES21 reports for individual students
CASES21 reports that show background information on EAL students to assist schools with program planning and delivery include:
- Languages Background Other Than English (ST21034)
- New Arrivals Data Collection (ST21031)
- EAL Student Achievement (ST21905) which displays up to 7 years of student assessment data.
- Student Demographics Dashboard
- EAL Teacher Judgement Dashboard
The following resources have been developed to support EAL teachers and schools to plan and implement the new Victorian Curriculum F-10 English as an Additional Language:
- can be used by teachers for guidance on the resources available and where to access them
- provides additional resources for EAL teachers on the FUSE platform.
Languages and Multicultural Education Centre
Resources accessed through careers practitioners
- and website – provides information and support on career development and study options in Australia
- website – provides resources for students to explore career pathways and tools to develop self-knowledge for help with career decision-making
- – for information on tertiary course prerequisites in Victoria
Reviewed 01 August 2023