Contract renewal outcome
Not later than 4 months (or such other time as agreed) prior to the expiration of the contract the Regional Director and the principal are to advise whether:
- it is agreed that the principal’s contract be renewed for a further 5 year period
- it is agreed that the principal’s contract be renewed for a period of less than 5 years, or
- contract renewal is not agreed, in which case the contract is not renewed and the position will be advertised and the incumbent may apply for the advertised position
A principal who is dissatisfied with the outcome of the contract renewal discussions may request that the Deputy Secretary, Schools and Regional Services review the outcome.
Where it is agreed that the principal’s contract is to be renewed, a contract renewal offer will be forwarded to the principal inviting the principal to enter a contract for the agreed period.
A principal whose contract is not renewed remains attached to their school and action will be taken to appoint as follows:
- if the substantive salary of the principal is above salary range 2 the person will be offered appointment as an assistant principal and paid within salary range 2 for a period of 3 years, or
- if the substantive salary of the principal is at salary range 1 or range 2 the person will be appointed as a leading teacher for a period of 3 years
Reviewed 10 October 2022