Implementation checklist for Term 1, 2021
Professional learning webinars – the includes a series of free webinars designed to provide guidance and support to tutors, principals, school leaders, and regional staff in the implementation of TLI. Registration for webinars is through the Arc TLI page. This will be updated throughout the year as additional professional learning is made available to support schools and tutors. Webinar recordings are available to access throughout 2021.
The (login required) – the TLI Hub contains professional learning modules with key information for tutors, including professional reading and links to webinars. The modules cover the essential requirements of tutors as well as guidance and resources to enhance small-group teaching skills. Additional modules will be added to the TLI Hub over time and will be accessible throughout the year.
Identifying students to support through the Tutor Learning Initiative
School leaders, teachers and regions may use the following resources to identify students to support through the Tutor Learning Initiative:
- provides suggested approaches for identifying progress and supporting growth with targeted strategies in the context of COVID-19.
- (login required) relating to student achievement and student engagement and wellbeing.
- (login required) provides insights and a deeper understanding into Teacher Judgement results.
- (staff login required) provides insights and a deeper understanding into the relationship between student achievement in different NAPLAN domains and comparable teacher judgement strands for a particular year and semester.
- Staying in Education (SIE) Dashboard – an interactive online dashboard, developed to assist schools to identify students in Years 7 to 10 who are at risk of disengaging from school and leaving school early. Schools can access the SIE dashboard via the link on the (login required).
- supports teachers, instructional leaders and school leaders to plan and implement the curriculum at every layer of the school.
- supports schools and their staff to deliver evidence-informed teaching and school improvement initiatives.
- describes the four strategic enablers that can be used to support all FISO dimensions.
Information for families
The Department has prepared resources to support schools to communicate with their school community about the Tutor Learning Initiative and how it may impact their child’s learning in 2021, including:
Letter to families of identified students
Schools can choose to use this template letter to notify families of students who have been identified to receive additional support through the Tutor Learning Initiative. The letter can be modified to include information about the school’s selected practice approach, frequency of small group tutoring sessions and curriculum focus.
Please note that school leaders may need to consider if this letter requires translation into a language other than English or if the English version requires tailoring to best meet their local context and community’s needs.
General initiative information letter
Schools can choose to distribute the general initiative information letter to families through their regular communications channels (for example, as part of their newsletters, learning management systems and emails) or use it to answer questions or concerns about the Initiative. Versions of this letter translated into 34 community languages and an Easy English version are available below.
School leaders can tailor the English version of this resource to best meet their local context and community’s needs. Please note that if schools choose to tailor the English version of this resource it will not align with the translated version.
Reviewed 13 May 2021