Identifying students to support through the Tutor Learning Initiative
School leaders, teachers and regions may use the following resources to identify students to support through the Tutor Learning Initiative.
- may be used to analyse data regarding student wellbeing and engagement.
- provides suggested approaches for identifying progress and supporting growth with targeted strategies in the context of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- (staff login required) relating to student achievement and student engagement and wellbeing.
- (staff login required) provides insights and a deeper understanding into Teacher Judgement results.
- (staff login required) provides insights and a deeper understanding into the relationship between student achievement in different NAPLAN domains and comparable teacher judgement strands for a particular year and semester.
- supports teachers, instructional leaders and school leaders to plan and implement the curriculum at every layer of the school.
- supports schools and their staff to deliver evidence-informed teaching and school improvement initiatives.
- describes the four strategic enablers that can be used to support all FISO dimensions.
Information for families
The Department has prepared resources to support schools to communicate with their school community about the Tutor Learning Initiative and how it may impact their child’s learning in 2021.
Schools can choose to distribute this to families through their communications channels (for example, as part of their newsletters, learning management systems and emails) or use it to answer questions or concerns about the Initiative.
School leaders can tailor the English version of this resource to best meet their local context and community’s needs. Please note that if schools choose to tailor the English version of this resource it will not align with the translated version.
Reviewed 20 January 2021