Change of name

An employee may choose to change their name as a result of, for example, marriage, divorce, change of name by registration.

An employee who wishes to change their name on the Department’s payroll system should advise their principal or manager in writing using the form in the Resources tab. The employee must provide official evidence of their name change such as a certified copy of their change of name certificate or their updated standard birth certificate.

Once a name change has been completed on the payroll, an employee should update their 'display name' in eduMail with the new name. This is completed using the My Tools menu on the eduMail name change webpageExternal Link (staff login required).

Change of address

It is important that an employee maintains their address details accurately on the Department’s payroll system as this information is used for various HR or payroll purposes. This includes the issuing of an employee's PAYG payment summary which is mailed, on request, to each employee’s home or mailing address in July each year.

An employee should update their address details using Employee Self Service (ESS). If an employee is unable to access ESS they should request an address change using the form under the Resources tab.

Relevant legislation

Contact information

Personal Details Changes topic

Reviewed 08 November 2021

Policy last updated

15 June 2020


  • Schools
  • All Department staff


People Division Refer to ‘Contact information’ heading below for all HR contact details

Was this page helpful?