An employee, or the union on an employee's behalf, may lodge a personal grievance with the Merit Protection BoardsExternal Link in relation to:

  • being identified as an excess employee, or
  • being identified for retrenchment

Nothing in these procedures precludes a grievance from being pursued in accordance with the provisions of the Fair Work Act 2009 or any relevant agreement or award made under that Act.

Further information in relation to appeals or Grievances — Teaching Service is available on the Schools Policy and Advisory Library.

Grievances for Excess Procedures — Teaching Service

Reviewed 31 August 2023

Was this page helpful?