6 Contractors working where there is a potential to fall 2 metres or more
The principal and/or their delegate are to ensure that a contractor who as part of their role are required to work at height, are trained in competency-based work safely at heights training course (RIIWHS204D).
The principal and/or their delegate are to ensure that a contractor also supplies a or equivalent for any tasks where there is the potential to fall 2 metres or more, as mandated by the Department. The principal and/or their delegate must review and sign the SWMS to verify it has been sighted and retain a copy. The SWMS at a minimum must include the following:
- prevention of contractor employee falls
- prevention of objects falling onto persons below
- access and egress to/from worksite
- isolation of worksite and signage
- installation and use of passive fall prevention device(s) or work positioning systems
- safe use of ladders, where required
- emergency response procedures and PPE.
Reviewed 29 June 2020