5 Work safely at height training
The principal and/or their delegate are to ensure that employees, who as part of their role are required to work at height, are trained in competency-based work safely at heights training course (RIIWHS204E). Dependant on the frequency of the task, training may need to be completed again to ensure competency.
Attendance at other working at height training should be provided where practicable including:
- specific licensing and competency requirements, for example, scaffolding, fall arrest system, and so on
- the prevention of falls through safe systems of work
- the proper use, care and fitting of personal protective equipment
- the proper use, care and storage of tools and equipment to be used
- emergency response procedures including rescue at height
- safe methods of work related to working on brittle and fragile material.
The principal and/or their delegate are to record completed training in the OHS Training or equivalent template, refer to: OHS Induction and Training Policy.
Chapter 5 of the Prevention of Falls when Working from Heights Procedure on work safety at height training
Reviewed 09 December 2021