5 eduSafe Plus
eduSafe Plus is the Department’s hazard, incident and injury reporting system for incidents that have, or could have, resulted in injury to staff, visitors or contractors. It allows all Department employees to report incidents, injuries and hazards themselves, or on behalf of other employees.
When lodged, the reports go to the employee’s line manager for appropriate action.
All Department employees are responsible for reporting workplace hazards, injuries and near misses as soon as practicable through eduSafe Plus. Refer to (chapter 4 of this Guidance) for a definition of ‘hazard’, ’injury’, ‘workplace incident’ and ‘near miss’.
eduSafe Plus allows all Department employees to report incidents and hazards themselves, or on behalf of other employees, contractors, visitors and volunteers.
Visitors, volunteers and contractors who are unable to access eduSafe Plus should fill out the relevant forms below:
Completed forms should be provided to the principal, manager or business manager. Details should then be entered in eduSafe Plus.
If you require assistance or support using eduSafe Plus, please contact the OHS Advisory Service:
The links below open video tutorials showing how to use key eduSafe Plus features and functionality. You can watch as many or as few tutorials as you wish and can revisit at any time.
- (6 minutes) — introduces key eduSafe PLUS navigation, features and functionality.
- (13 minutes) — describes how to report an incident or hazard in eduSafe Plus.
For workplace managers and delegates
- (12 minutes) — describes the process for managing an incident or hazard in eduSafe Plus.
- (9 minutes) — provides guidance about using these functions.
For workplace managers, regional and central users and super users
- (11 minutes) — describes the options for reporting from eduSafe Plus.
- (7 minutes) — explains the different incident management registers and how to use them.
Reference guides (login required)
Reviewed 09 March 2021