As part of the department’s duty of care principals or managers need to ensure they act sensitively towards employees whose circumstances require them to be absent from the school or workplace as a result of bushfire, flood or other severe weather event. Employees are affected in many ways either directly or indirectly, including through the loss of family or friends or through the loss or damage to their homes and property.
Leave with pay is available where an employee is prevented from attending their school or workplace because of bushfire, flood or other severe weather event as set out in the Policy and Guidelines.
- Bushfire and Grassfire Preparedness
- Emergency and Critical Incident Management Planning
- Emergency Services Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Leave Without Pay — Teaching Service
- Personal Leave — Teaching Service
- Reporting and Managing School Incidents (including emergencies)
- Responding to emergencies and natural disasters in schools and early childhood
- Industrial Agreements
- Industrial Awards
- Legislation — Employment Topics
- Ministerial Orders — Employment
Leave – Bushfire, Flood or Other Severe Weather Event Overview
Reviewed 24 January 2023