There are a range of support services, strategies and resources available to schools and flexible-learning options (FLOs) to support the engagement and wellbeing of vulnerable students. These include:
- School-focused youth service (SFYS) for students aged 10-18 who are at risk of disengaging from
- LOOKOUT Centres for students in out-of-home
- Student Support Services — to provide specialised support at the individual, group, school or Area levels
- Transition — Year 6 to 7
- Senior secondary re-engagement (Reference 53)
- Team Around the Learner
- Professional Learning Communities
For assistance accessing these services or resources, schools should contact their senior education improvement leader (SEIL) or other appropriate regionally based staff member.
Professional development opportunities are available to assist school leaders and teachers in building their capacity and addressing issues relating to student wellbeing and disengagement. As Victorian government school staff, staff within FLOs can access all of the same professional development opportunities as other school staff. Refer to:
- Victorian Academy of Teaching and
- School staff performance and development capacity (staff login required)
- Online behaviour support professional learning for
Other capacity building opportunities may be available locally, including outreach services offered by FLO providers. Schools should contact their SEIL in the first instance for more information.
Reviewed 26 February 2023