Templates and checklists
- Confined space entry permit – for contractors engaged to work in confined spaces
- Contractor register – provides a way to record and manage the induction details of the contractor companies, their employees including any sub-contractors who are providing services or undertaking works at the workplace.
- Contractor OHS induction checklist – used to assist in conducting an OHS induction.
- Contractor OHS non-conformance report – to be used where a contractor fails to comply with OHS requirements, after consultation.
- Safe work method statement (SWMS) – for completion where high risk work is being undertaken
OHS Providers Directory
We are making it simpler for Victorian Government schools to find and engage specialist OHS providers for services or works by pre-approving qualified providers. For further information and to access the directory, refer to OHS Provider on eduGate (staff login required).
Guides and handbooks
- Contractor hazard identification and control guide – can be used to aid in assessing the quality of a SWMS submitted as part of a contractor approval process
- Contractor OHS induction handbook – used to assist in providing guidance on school specific and Department OHS requirements to contractors
Resources page containing supporting resources and links for this topic
Reviewed 22 December 2022