6. Monitor and review work-related driving safety
The principal and/or their delegate in consultation with the HSR and relevant employees are responsible for reviewing the following on at least an annual basis:
- incident/accident data
- driving history and competency of employees
- effectiveness of controls
- cost of maintenance and repairs of the vehicles in their possession
- number of hours travelled by employees on a weekly basis for school business.
The principal and/or their delegate is responsible for taking appropriate action to address any problems with an employee’s driving, which may become apparent through monitoring of the individual’s driving, a crash or near miss, traffic offence, or the discovery of a drug or alcohol problem.
Reviewed 09 August 2023