Access online transition statements for new prep students
Victorian government school staff can access Transition Learning and Development Statements (TLDS) for students starting at their school through the Insight platform.
The following information is for Victorian government schools. Information for early childhood services on transition statements is available at: Transition Statement Information for Early Childhood
- Early childhood services create statements and send them to the school nominated by the child's parent or carer. Most statements will be submitted via the Insight Assessment platform. Some may be via email, post or through the family.
- The school’s Insight administrator links the TLDS to a student record. They also upload any manual or printed statements received.
- Teachers can view the TLDS of students who are linked to them in CASES21. You must be a student's home group teacher in CASES21 to see their statement.
- If a student's enrolment has not been confirmed yet, schools may need to speak to the Insight administrator to get a copy of the TLDS.
Victorian government school staff Log in
- Visit the Insight
- Read the privacy information and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Choose sector as 'DET'
- If prompted, use your eduMail user ID (TO number) and password to log in to the platform.
School user guide
Read the School User for Insight administrators and teachers.
The user guide includes:
- accessing TLDS
- attaching a TLDS to a student record
- printing and downloading
- returning TLDS to the early childhood service (if required).
Screen recordings have also been made to showcase how to complete common actions on the Insight platform.
- Accessing transition learning and development statements (TLDS) on the Insight Assessment
- Uploading TLDS to
- Printing TLDS and summary Removal of
- Removal of
Speak to your school's Insight administrator first. This is usually the principal or someone they have nominated.
If the administrator cannot solve the issue:
- lodge a request in the Services
- call 1800 641 943
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviewed 22 February 2021