Transition — Early childhood to School
This guidance outlines how schools can access and use the Transition Learning and Development Statement (TLDS) and work with families, children and other professionals to support a smooth and positive transition between early childhood and school.
The Online TLDS, accessed via the Insight assessment platform, makes it easier for early childhood teachers to complete and share the TLDS with schools to support effective transitions.
This guidance contains the following chapters which you can view using the chapter menu:
- Supporting a positive start to school in 2021
- Foundation teacher transition visits to kindergartens — Term 4 2020
- Transition statements — information for schools
- Access online transition statements for new prep students
- Working with families when children are transitioning to school
Reviewed 20 October 2020