In order to achieve these aims it is the responsibility of the Student Support Group (SSG) to:
- identify the student’s needs
- determine any adjustments to be made to the curriculum, teaching and learning
- plan an appropriate educational program
- develop an IEP
- discuss the plan with teachers and provide support to implement the IEP
- provide advice to the principal/principal nominee concerning the additional educational and support needs of the student and what may be required to meet these needs
- review and evaluate the student’s program once per term, and at other times if requested by any member of the group
It is essential that a cooperative working relationship is developed and maintained within the SSG and with the school.
The SSG represents a partnership in the educational planning process between the parent/carer(s), the student and the school.
Reviewed 10 June 2020