Occupational Therapists

Not all Occupational Therapists have experience in the design and use of sensory rooms so schools must ensure any Occupational Therapist providing advice on a sensory room has relevant expertise before agreeing to pay for any services.

If seeking the services of an Occupational Therapist, first check if an Occupational Therapist is already employed by a school in your Network and ask if they are willing and able to provide advice.

Guidance chapter providing guidance in relation to seeking advice from an occupational therapist on the design and use of sensory rooms

Reviewed 11 June 2020

Was this page helpful?