Employee information is collected and stored by the Department for a number of purposes. In order to comply with privacy requirements, employees must be advised of the purpose for which the information is required and the bodies or agencies to whom the Department may disclose personal information.
Human resource (HR) information collected by the Department may be stored either electronically or in hard copy form in personnel files.
The Department and its schools collect and maintain employee information in accordance with the following legislation:
- Public Records Act 1973 (Vic)
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
- Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic)
- Health Records Act 2001 (Vic), and the
- Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (Vic)
Schools are responsible for the management and disposal of records for school staff. Corporate People Services is responsible for the management and disposal of HR records for public service employees and executive officers.
- Access to Health Information — Employees
- Complaints — Information for Employees
- Complaints, Misconduct and Unsatisfactory Performance — Teaching Service (documents relating to a complaint, serious misconduct or an unsatisfactory performance)
- Freedom of Information
- Records Management — School Records
- Fair Work Act 2009
- Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Health Records Act 2001
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
- Public Records Act 1973
- Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2021