Where an applicant or employee considers they have been treated unfairly or unreasonably in any matter related to their employment, they have access to review, grievance or dispute resolution processes to seek to resolve the issue.

For information about this process including the steps to be undertaken and avenues of appeal see Complaints or Grievances.

Workplace Contact officers can also be contacted for a confidential discussion.

While the department encourages its employees to use the internal complaints processes to resolve any complaints, employees may also lodge a complaints with external bodies such as the Merit Protection BoardsExternal Link , Victorian Human Rights CommissionExternal Link and the Australian Human Rights CommissionExternal Link .

Chapter of the Disability and Reasonable Adjustment Policy about Grievances

Reviewed 07 March 2023

Was this page helpful?