Supporting Students with Type 1 Diabetes in Victorian Schools Guidelines
The Supporting Students with Type 1 Diabetes in Victorian Schools Guidelines (the Guidelines) have been developed to provide additional assistance to principals and staff who are supporting students with type 1 diabetes in Victorian government schools.
The Guidelines contain the following chapters:
- Overview and how to use these guidelines
- What is diabetes?
- Shared responsibility
- Communication — an ongoing conversation
- Training — building capability and confidence to support students with type 1 diabetes
- Treatment — implementing the Diabetes Management Plan and Diabetes Action Plan
- Reasonable adjustments: creating a supportive environment
- Appendix 1 — Legal and policy obligations
Reviewed 28 May 2020