Parent/Caregiver/Guardian Opinion Survey
ORIMA Research Pty Ltd has been contracted by the department to administer the online collection of the Parent/Caregiver/Guardian Opinion Survey in 2023 from 7 August to 9 September.
Participation in the Parent/Caregiver/Guardian Opinion Survey Schools will use the same secure survey portal from ORIMA Research as for Attitudes to School Survey. ORIMA Research will email login details again to all schools ahead of the survey collection period.
- The survey administrator downloads the school’s survey link and PIN from ORIMA Research portal page and distributes to parents/caregivers/guardians.
- Parents log-in to the secure site from any compatible device and complete the survey online.
- The online survey is available in English, Arabic, Mandarin, Chin (Hakha), Hindi, Vietnamese, Japanese, Greek, Turkish, Somali and Punjabi. Parents select their preferred language when they commence the survey.
- Additional survey language guides available in Albanian, Bengali, Burmese, Cantonese, Dari, Dinka, Filipino, Greek, Gujarati, Indonesian, Japanese, Karen, Khmer, Korean, Macedonian, Malayalam, Pashto, Persian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Sinhalese, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu or Urdu via ORIMA Research portal page.
- Schools can invite all parents to complete the survey via a generic survey link. The school survey link is available in the survey portal.
- Schools advise parents of the upcoming survey via school bulletin or newsletter.
- A random sample of parents in the school or unique survey links or both can be generated if a school prefers. Instructions to generate a random sample and unique survey links are provided on the ORIMA Survey portal.
- Schools requiring language guides in additional languages should request them by email:
Schools will access their 2023 survey results from the secure survey portal following the end of the survey collection period.
ORIMA Research will provide support for schools throughout the survey period through a telephone helpline and an email support option. Details will be provided to schools ahead of the survey collection period.
Reviewed 13 July 2023