Attitudes to School Survey
For 2021 the Attitudes to School Survey will be offered to students to complete online from 26 April to 11 June 2021.
ORIMA Research Pty Ltd has been contracted by the Department to administer the online collection of the Attitudes to School Survey. ORIMA Research will contact schools with instructions on administering the survey. They will also provide support for schools throughout the survey period via a telephone helpline and email support.
All schools are expected to participate in the 2021 Attitudes to School Survey, providing the opportunity for students from Year 4 to Year 12 to complete the survey.
- Schools will be emailed a link to the secure survey portal from ORIMA Research ahead of the survey collection period.
- The link will provide access to a secure administration site for each school on the survey portal and will include resources schools need to participate in the survey including template communications to parents and students.
- To participate, schools will nominate an administrator to interact with the survey portal on behalf of the school.
- The administrator's role is to download the student log-in details for the school from the portal.
- Administrators will be supported by ORIMA Research through a telephone and email helpline, as well as detailed step by step guides.
- A unique survey log-in will be generated for each student at the school for Years 4 to 12.
- The school survey administrator will download the student log-in list from the secure portal and provide teachers with the log-in details for their students and the link to the secure portal.
- Schools schedule survey sessions for all students to complete the survey in class time during the survey collection period.
Survey completion at schools — on-site learning
- The supervising teacher will provide the class with the survey link.
- The supervising teacher will give each participating student their survey log-in.
- Students log-in to the secure site and complete the survey online.
Schools will access their 2021 survey results from the secure survey portal following the end of the survey collection period.
ORIMA Research will provide support for schools throughout the survey period through a telephone helpline and an email support option. Details will be provided to schools when they are invited to the survey.
Communication to parents and students
Principals must ensure that the school community are notified about the survey prior to commencement and that participation is voluntary.
Sample text for parent and/or the school newsletter and an information letter for parents will be provided in the survey administration portal.
Reviewed 04 March 2021