Payments for 2023 are:
- $125 per year for eligible primary school students
- $225 per year for eligible secondary school students.
For ungraded students, the rate is determined by the date of birth:
- $125 per year for students born on or after 1 July 2011
- $225 per year for students born on or before 30 June 2011.
Payments are made directly to the school:
- from March onwards each year where the parent/carer’s concession card is assessed as valid on the first day of Term 1 and
- until 23 June where the parent/carer’s concession card is assessed as valid on the first day of Term 2.
Payments are for the application year and cannot be claimed for previous years.
Direct deposit to school
All CSEF payments are paid directly to the school as a bulk payment. The schools bank details are stored in the accounts payable system and payment will be made accordingly. Government schools can receipt this money to the respective parent through CASES21 in accounts receivable via the CSEF0007 message.
To view the breakdown of payments on the CSEF system home page, schools must look under recent payment batches and click on the relevant batch number. Schools can export this data to Excel.
Reviewed 09 November 2022