Cleaning metropolitan Melbourne schools
- A yearly calendar which provides a guide on how your school and service provider can work together throughout the school year. The calendar also sets outs recommended actions and required actions for your school. If you require an accessible version of the calendar, please email
- Cleaning standards for base services, periodical services and additional services:
- For more guidance about working with your service provider:
- Information on how to approach and resolve issues with your service provider:
- Information about cleaning arrangements at metropolitan schools (including cleaning services plans):
- Quick reference guides for schools – provides a brief overview of the:
Cleaning regional schools
- (staff login required) — the Department’s contract management software system. The online tool has been developed to help both regional schools and cleaning contractors manage their cleaning contracts. It ensures schools and cleaning contractors comply with school cleaning contracts. Schools can login to DETclean to access school supporting documents such as user guides and templates.
- (staff login required) — a template contract for school councils to use to formalise their arrangements with their selected cleaning contractor.
Background information on the Department’s cleaning policy
Information for cleaning contractors
Resources page containing supporting resources and links for this topic
Reviewed 01 March 2022