Records management support for schools
Advice and services
The department’s Records and Digitisation Services team provides records management advice and services to schools including:
- advice on how to apply the Records Management policy, guidance and resources in your school
- transferring permanent school records to the State Archives
- managing records from closed and merged schools, including transferring records to off-site storage or the State Archives.
Schools Records Management Program
The department’s Records and Digitisation Services team are currently running a Schools Records Management Program to support schools to better manage their records.
Schools that participate in the program receive:
- assistance from specialist archivists and support staff to organise school records
- collection, digitisation and transfer of historic records to the State Archives
- support to dispose of time-expired records.
Places in the program are limited. Contact the Records and Digitisation Services team for information on participating in the program.
Reviewed 02 February 2023