2. Risk assessment of plant and equipment
The principal and/or their delegate are to ensure that a risk assessment is completed and documented in the Plant and equipment risk management form or equivalent. A risk assessment should be completed for each identified hazardous item of plant and equipment in consultation with:
- relevant standards, codes of practice or legislation.
When determining the level of risk of a hazard the principal or their delegate should also consider:
- systems of work related to the use of the item of plant or equipment
- layout and physical conditions of the workplace
- range of methods by which the work can be completed
- type of hazards involved with the method of use and item of plant or equipment proposed to be used
- competence of persons to undertake the work.
Chapter 2 of the Plant and Equipment Procedure on assessing risks associated with hazardous plant and equipment in schools
Reviewed 09 December 2022