4 Responsibility for activities
The benefits of employee participation include:
- demonstrating employee consultation and participation in the identification, assessment and control of hazards
- involving employees in the planning process
- increasing the chances of identifying more hazards by involving a broad range of employees
- enabling the principal or their delegate to match activities with skill sets and competencies of employees
The agreed delegated activities should be recognised in employee professional development plans and communicated to all employees by including their name on the OHS Activities Calendar and informing all employees via:
- staff meeting
- email, or
- workplace intranet notice
The principal or their delegate are to ensure employees are aware of the procedures for completing activities and the relevant documentation required to record the outcome of the activity.
The principal or their delegate should ensure that copies of the OHS Activities Calendar or equivalent template are prominently displayed in the workplace; multiple copies may be required in larger or multi-campus schools and offices.
Reviewed 29 June 2020