About the International Student Program School Toolkit
The ISP School Toolkit is the definitive compliance guide for Victorian government schools participating in the ISP.
It provides a plain-language interpretation of the ISP policies, procedures and legislative requirements that schools need to follow in response to typical situations that arise throughout the life cycle of an international school student engaged in study in a Victorian government school.
The toolkit is web-based to improve accessibility for all stakeholders and to enable updates to be make more readily.
An educational resources section is incorporated for each section (in the Resources tab) to support schools’ understanding of key ESOS requirements. Further support is available to schools through dedicated school support staff within IED.
The sections in this toolkit are:
- Introduction and legislative framework
- Marketing and recruitment
- Homestay arrangements (Level 2 schools only)
- Supporting students — Adjusting to life and study in Australia
- Supporting students — Safety
- Supporting students — Learning and Engagement
- Transfers and cancellations
- Administrative requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitions and Acronyms
Reviewed 19 February 2021