Relevant health support forms for students with epilepsy
- Student Health Support Plan — filled out by schools and outlines the schools role in supporting the student’s health needs (including epilepsy)
- Medication Authority Form — for a student who requires regular (non-emergency) medication(s) to be administered at school and ensure a log is kept of any medicine administered
- Epilepsy Management — signed by the treating doctor and provided to the school by the student’s parents/carers
- Emergency Medication Management (if required) — signed by a doctor and provided by the student’s parents/carers
All schools have a duty of care to provide a safe learning environment for all students and ensure they accommodate the needs of all students.
Teachers need to understand the impact of epilepsy on student learning, as well as having epilepsy-specific training in understanding and managing epilepsy.
- To access training tailored for schools, visit: Epilepsy
- For information on managing epilepsy at school, visit: Epilepsy Smart
Resources page containing supporting resources and links for this topic
Reviewed 16 February 2021