The following resources are made available to schools to assist schools in planning for the effective use of digital learning in their everyday practices for improved learning, teaching and administration.
All Victorian government schools are required to have a policy addressing student use of digital technologies. A template Digital Learning (Internet, Social Media and Digital Devices) policy is available on the School Policy Templates (staff login required). Schools can modify the template to suit their local circumstances.
Strategic planning resources
The information and communications technology (ICT) strategic planning online tool is provided to support schools in developing a digital learning plan. The tool provides an online platform to document the school’s vision for ICT, learning and teaching focus areas and to identify infrastructure, hardware and software needs.
- ICT Strategic Planning Online (staff login required) – online plan development tool
- ICT Planning FUSE resource (staff login required) – topic-based resources to support classroom implementation
Planning for 1-to-1 learning program resources
- The Planning for 1-to-1 implementation checklist provides a guiding framework to plan for a school-based, 1-to-1 learning program.
ICT across the curriculum resources
The following resources support schools to use ICT/digital technologies across all learning areas.
- Victorian Curriculum – Learning areas and – VCAA website
- 4 Elements of ICT: ICT across the learning – Outline of the ICT Framework and content inclusions in each learning area
- Digital Learning – A suite of digital learning tools available to Victorian Teachers to support learning and teaching
- Department Digital – Information about the digital tools and resources available to Victorian schools.
Digital Technologies curriculum resources
Key resources that support the Digital Technologies learning area.
- Digital Technologies curriculum
- Digital Technologies (Australian Government Department of Education, Teaching and Learning Resources)
- CSER Digital Technologies – Computer Science Education Research Group, based at the University of Adelaide. Resources include:
- professional learning MOOCs – Massive Online Open Courses, and
Professional learning resources
Opportunities and organisations that provide teacher professional learning in all aspects of digital learning:
- ARC – the department’s digital platform for student and teacher events and software. Refer to the page for access to department provided software and to view other software titles, including privacy and security information. Refer to the page for upcoming:
- student learning events
- professional learning events.
- VCAA Professional – VCAA offers a range of professional learning opportunities for:
- teachers, and
- school administration staff,
- Digital Learning and Teaching, – DLTV Teacher subject association
- Design and Technology Teachers Association, – DATTA Vic Teacher subject association
- Bastow Professional Learning – Professional learning opportunities for current and aspiring school leaders from the Bastow Institute of Educational Leadership.
Reviewed 01 May 2023