8. Behaviour incidents and emergencies
If there's a risk to safety
If a student's behaviour poses a risk to others or themselves:
- focus on protecting the safety of all students (including the student at risk of causing physical harm or danger to self or others), themselves and other staff
- follow response procedures set out in your school's emergency management plan
- call emergency services on if necessary
- you must report the incident to Incident Support and Operations Centre (ISOC) – refer to .
- refer to the to prevent, manage and respond to staff safety risks from student behaviours that are violent or aggressive.
Security and response services
They can assist with coordinating a response to emergencies and critical incidents.
Sexual assault by students
The following resources can assist in managing an online incident.
Reviewed 15 February 2024