- – for school staff to learn how to protect the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. This module is available on LearnED which is accessed through (staff login required – type ‘child protection’ into the search function on LearnED)
- (staff login required) to support staff to identify inappropriate staff conduct including grooming. This can be used in all-staff or sub-school team meetings, for example, to help staff understand how to identify potential grooming behaviours and the steps they need to take to report concerning behaviours
Report abuse if you’re a current or former student
Useful department websites
– Guidance to assist schools to fulfil their obligations under Ministerial Order 1359. This includes links to the following pages and resources referenced in the Protecting Children – Reporting and Other Legal Obligations policy:
- – an independent statutory body that promotes improvement in policies and practices affecting the safety and wellbeing of Victorian children and young people. The Commission provides advice on the Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct Scheme.
- – contains essential information about making a report to child protection.
- – provides information on protecting children and families, including details of the failure to disclose offence.
- – a free service for adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence and families who need extra support with the care of children.
Reviewed 21 November 2023