- Child Safe Standards training presentations for staff, volunteers and school
- Protecting children — Mandatory reporting and other obligations e-learning – for school staff to learn how to protect the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. This module is available on LearnED which is accessed through (staff login required – type ‘child protection’ into the search function on LearnED).
Child safety responding and reporting obligation policy and procedures (School Policy Templates Portal — staff login required)
Useful department websites
– Guidance to assist schools to fulfil their obligations under Ministerial Order 1359. This includes links to the following pages and resources referenced in the Protecting Children – Reporting and Other Legal Obligations policy:
- Four critical for responding to incidents, disclosures and suspicions of child abuse
- Identify child
- Identify and respond to student sexual
- Responding to other concerns about the wellbeing of a
- Recording your actions: responding to suspected child abuse
- Commission for Children and Young – an independent statutory body that promotes improvement in policies and practices affecting the safety and wellbeing of Victorian children and young people. The Commission provides advice on the Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct Scheme.
- Department of Families, Fairness and – contains essential information about making a report to child protection.
- Department of Justice and Community – provides information on protecting children and families, including details of the failure to disclose offence.
- The Orange – a free service for adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence and families who need extra support with the care of children.
Resources page containing supporting resources and links for this topic, including a link to the Mandatory reporting and other obligations e-learning module
Reviewed 15 August 2022