Australian Government Department of Health resource
National Immunisation Program – contains a schedule of immunisations given at specific times from birth to adulthood
Victorian Government Department of Health resources
- School exclusion – outlines the minimum exclusion periods that schools must adhere to for infectious diseases cases.
- Secondary School Immunisation – an information hub that provides schools (including teachers, school nurses and administration staff) with a range of immunisation resources.
COVID-19 vaccination resources
Resources to assist schools to communicate COVID-19 related information to their school communities is available from COVID-19 – School Operations: Resources.
For parents and carers
- COVID-19 – for information about COVID-19 vaccines
- FAQs for – frequently asked questions about vaccinating children against COVID-19
- Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) decision guide – guide for families to make decisions about vaccinating their children aged 5-11 against COVID-19:
The Murdoch Children's Research Institute has question and answer videos from Dr Margie Danchin about COVID-19 vaccinations:
- Watch Should I get my child vaccinated on
- Watch What are the benefits of vaccines for children on
- Watch Kids don't seem to get sick from COVID-19, so why risk a new vaccine on them on
- Watch How can we know the vaccines are safe when only a small number of children around the world have received them on
The Royal Children’s Hospital:
Translated resources for schools
Download FAQs about vaccination planning in different languages
The ‘FAQs about vaccination planning’ document is available to download in different languages:
Translated audio explaining COVID-19 vaccinations for children aged 5 to 11
Listen to Translated audio files explaining vaccination for 5 to 11 years on
Resources page containing supporting resources and links for this topic
Reviewed 14 December 2022