Resources for school leaders to support implementation and change management:
Strengthening financial literacy education in schools
New financial literacy teaching and learning resources are available on the FUSE platform. These resources have been developed in consultation with financial experts and the Victorian Student Representative Council.
- understanding money and budgeting
- making sound financial decisions
- identifying financial scams
- calculating interest and tax
- understanding consumer rights.
- sample units of work developed by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
- MoneySmart Teaching Program resources developed by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- resources developed by other financial or education experts such as the Australian Taxation Office, ABC Education and Consumer Affairs Victoria
- links to professional learning opportunities, case studies and research.
Reviewed 20 April 2021