Resources for school leaders to support implementation and change management:
- Frequently Asked Questions document for regions/school
- Frequently Asked Questions document for
- Sample text for use in a school
- Fact sheet on the importance of quality financial literacy — for use with school communities.
Strengthening financial literacy education in schools
New financial literacy teaching and learning resources are available on the FUSE platform. These resources have been developed in consultation with financial experts and the Victorian Student Representative Council.
Practical financial literacy — hosts resources that focus on topics students identified as most useful to them in their everyday lives, including:
- understanding money and budgeting
- making sound financial decisions
- identifying financial scams
- calculating interest and tax
- understanding consumer rights.
Financial literacy in the Victorian Curriculum: Economics and — supports the teaching of financial literacy within the Economics and Business learning area. This includes:
- sample units of work developed by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
- MoneySmart Teaching Program resources developed by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- resources developed by other financial or education experts such as the Australian Taxation Office, ABC Education and Consumer Affairs Victoria
- links to professional learning opportunities, case studies and research.
Resources for the Department's Financial Literacy policy
Reviewed 20 April 2021