Local school policy templates
The School Policy Templates (staff login required) has policy templates available for government schools to download and customise for their local setting including:
Resources to address discrimination in schools
A range of resources and programs are available to support students and schools to prevent and address bullying, racism and other forms of discrimination:
- Bully : supports students, parents, teachers and principals in working together to prevent and address all forms of bullying
- Schools Standing Up To : a suite of resources designed to support schools to address racism and strengthen inclusion
- Report racism or religious discrimination in including the Report Racism hotline and formal complaint for parents, carers and students
- The Multicultural, Civics and Refugee Support on Arc Events includes a series of short videos to support schools in understanding and responding to antisemitism
Resources to promote multiculturalism and support students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
A range of learning resources and programs are available in Victorian schools that promote multiculturalism and support students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds:
- Multicultural education programs and provide a range of resources and information to help schools build intercultural capability and strengthen inclusion
- School’s In For website is designed to support students from refugee backgrounds. It includes high-quality guidance and practical resources that focus on teaching, learning, transitions and family engagement.
- Supporting students from refugee
For more information about discrimination and human rights visit:
- Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights — The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission is an independent organisation with responsibilities under Victoria’s human rights laws. Its role is to protect and promote human rights in Victoria.
- Australian Human Rights — The Australian Human Rights Commission is an independent organisation that protects and promotes human rights federally, in Australia, and internationally.
- Victorian Aboriginal Education Association Incorporated — The Victorian Aboriginal Education Association is the peak Koorie community organisation for education and training in Victoria.
Resources to address discrimination and support inclusion and diversity in schools, including resources to promote multiculturalism and to support students from refugee backgrounds
Reviewed 26 April 2023