Local school policy templates
Resources to address discrimination in schools
A range of resources and programs are available to support students and schools to prevent and address bullying, racism and other forms of discrimination:
- : supports students, parents, teachers and principals in working together to prevent and address all forms of bullying
- : a suite of resources designed to support schools to address racism and strengthen inclusion
- including the report racism hotline and for parents, carers and students
Resources to promote multiculturalism and support students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
A range of learning resources and programs are available in Victorian schools that promote multiculturalism and support students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds:
- provide a range of resources and information to help schools build intercultural capability and strengthen inclusion
- website is designed to support students from refugee backgrounds. It includes high-quality guidance and practical resources that focus on teaching, learning, transitions and family engagement.
For more information about discrimination and human rights visit:
- — The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission is an independent organisation with responsibilities under Victoria’s human rights laws. Its role is to protect and promote human rights in Victoria.
- — The Australian Human Rights Commission is an independent organisation that protects and promotes human rights federally, in Australia, and internationally.
- — The Victorian Aboriginal Education Association is the peak Koorie community organisation for education and training in Victoria.
Reviewed 22 September 2021