The department has created a suite of documents to assist schools and community partners on the journey from an initial joint use concept through to a legally binding community joint use agreement (CJUA).
- Guide to understanding and developing community joint use agreements – an overview of CJUAs, their key concepts and the processes to be followed to create them. This document is an initial reference for schools and community partners to read prior to entering into discussions about a proposed CJUA facility.
- Community joint use proposal – captures essential information to enable the CJUA to be drafted. This form is to be completed by all parties to CJUA.
- Instructions and explanatory notes for completing a community joint use agreement proposal – these are guidelines that provide supporting information to enable parties to complete the CJUA proposal. The instructions assist the parties to understand the concepts and options available to them for the operation and upkeep of the CJUA facility.
- Community joint use agreement contract template comprising core and option clauses – the formal legal agreement setting out the rights and responsibilities of the parties which is prepared by the department. The core clauses form the standard terms and conditions for all CJUAs and are not negotiable.
- Explanatory table of clauses – this document provides an explanation of the core and option clauses, helping the parties to understand the content of and reason for the clauses contained in the CJUA.
Includes templates and checklists relating to hire agreements and licence agreements
Reviewed 16 November 2022