Schools Asbestos Management Plan (SAMP)
— contains a documented outline of how asbestos containing materials (ACM) schools will be managed, including what types of materials will be managed, when and how this will be done and who has responsibility. All schools are required to have a current SAMP that is regularly updated. It forms part of the school occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) to identify and control the risks associated with asbestos.
Template forms and registers for asbestos management
- — schools use this to record schools buildings which are labelled to indicate the presence of Asbestos containing material
- — schools use this to record current information about the existence and location of any known or presumed asbestos containing material on the school site, based on an initial division 5 asbestos audit report and subsequent quarterly visual inspections to update the register
- — the workplace asbestos coordinator is to complete this form in conjunction with the occupational or industrial hygienist when asbestos removal works have been carried out.
- — the asbestos removalist is to complete this form prior to the commencement of works in consultation with the asbestos coordinator
Other health, safety and wellbeing resources relevant to this policy and procedure
- the history of asbestos
- Asbestos Containing Materials, and
- health risks
Reviewed 14 April 2021