DET resources and services
- OHSMS page on PAL.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is a personalised, confidential counselling service for all department staff, including their immediate family (aged 18 years and over). This service is available 24/7 and specialised counsellors are available for anyone wanting support with Aboriginal, LGBTIQ or family violence matters. Call or use that chat function on the to book.
- are available to support principal-class employees in schools. This includes services such as (staff login required) which has been extended to include assistant principals, the principal mentor program and more.
- Manager Assist is a coaching service for principals, school leaders and managers, providing advice and support on a range of issues including approaching a difficult conversation with employees and managing the impact of mental health issues within the workplace. Call to book.
- The department offers free (staff login required) designed to support the health, safety and wellbeing of our school staff and leaders. Current webinars, tip sheets and video recordings of previous webinars are available to all staff. Topics for staff include, Resilience in times of uncertainty, Safeguarding against burnout and Switching on your growth mindset. Topics for leaders include, Supporting your team’s mental health and wellbeing through times of uncertainty and Supporting injured or vulnerable staff in times of crisis.
- Access content that is available through the . You’ll find support, guidance, information and strategies to manage issues relating to COVID-19, family, health, life and more (User ID: detvic; Password: detvic1).
- The (staff login required) is available for staff to access when they experience workplace conflict that becomes difficult to resolve in their usual team setting.
- (staff login required), which includes team activities and supportive conversation starter cards for (staff login required) and (staff login required).
- There are a range of diversity and inclusion resources available to build your knowledge and awareness of difference and how to be inclusive:
- The DET Enablers Network represents the needs, interests and concerns of department employees with lived experience of disability or long-term health conditions. Peer support is available through this network. For more information contact
- For more information or resources around diversity and inclusion, please contact the Workforce Diversity and Inclusion team at
Supporting student mental health
Schools’ mental health fund and menu
The Victorian Government has invested $217.8 million over 4 years to support student mental health and wellbeing, including $200 million over 4 years and $86.9 million ongoing to create a Schools Mental Health Fund (the Fund). Underpinning the Fund is the evidence-based Menu (the Menu).
A is available for schools, students, parents and carers looking to access expert guidance and resources to support wellbeing. The guide includes resources for schools to promote student mental health and wellbeing, provide early support and refer students to the right services, a range of resources. The guide also provides supports for students to help them look after their own health and wellbeing and supports for parents and carers to help them support and build their child’s physical and mental health wellbeing.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Guide
Mental Health and Wellbeing Charter resources
Other health, safety and wellbeing resources relevant to this policy and procedure
The and are also available to help you to identify, control and record occupational health and safety risks within your workplace. For support in conducting a risk assessment, contact the OHS Advisory Service on or email
Reviewed 08 March 2022