The following resources are available to support schools to manage complaints:
- For a guide on managing conflict in schools, information on mediation and facilitated discussion services, and a suite of conflict training videos, refer to (staff login required).
- Information for parents and carers on how to raise a complaint about a Victorian government school (including frequently asked questions) is available at: .
- A and template is available in the (staff login required).
- The can provide principals with advice and support in addressing allegations about employee conduct or work performance.
- The Legal Division can provide principals with advice and support in addressing allegations with legal elements or risks by phone on and email at
- The (login required) can provide principals with advice and support when managing complaints that involving challenging parent behaviour or communications.
- For further supports and guidance on managing parent complaints, refer to (staff login required).
- A flyer has been developed by the Department in partnership with VicSRC and Parents Victoria outlining the benefits of respectful and meaningful partnerships in education, refer to:
Resources page containing supporting resources and links for this topic
Reviewed 16 June 2022