The following resources are made available to schools to assist schools to engage with digital technology in a safe and responsible way.
Acceptable Use Agreement templates
The Department has provided these Acceptable Use Agreement (AUA) templates to assist schools to develop student agreements around the acceptable use of the internet, online services and digital technologies. Each template includes references and provides ideas for schools that are implementing 1-to-1 programs.
The AUA must be accurate, communicated across the community and reviewed regularly. Sending a copy of the AUA home or publishing it on the school website will assist parents to support their child's appropriate internet use.
Acceptable use agreement for primary schools - guidelines and template. For Years 1-4:
Upper primary and secondary schools
Acceptable use agreement for upper primary and secondary schools - guidelines and template:
- – Department of Education and Training website – Advice for teachers on teaching students to be cybersafe
- – eSmart Schools is a behaviour-change initiative in over 2, 200 schools across Australia
- – Advice for principals on their duty of care responsibilities, and what can be done at the school level
- – free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25
- – eSafety Commissioner website. Information to help you stay safe online
- – eSafety Commissioner website
Parents and carers are their child's first role model when it comes to online behaviour.
Responding to online incidents
The Department has developed a step-by-step guide for schools, which provides practical steps and actions to respond to an online incident of concern:
Trusted eSafety provider program
Trusted eSafety Providers are quality online safety education providers who have had their online safety content endorsed by eSafety. Schools wishing to engage an online safety education expert to present to their school community, can choose a registered provider through the .
Reviewed 20 December 2021