3 Implement controls
The principal and/or their delegate, in consultation with the HSR and employees, must ensure that controls to manage ergonomic and workspace risks are identified and implemented using the order of the hierarchy of controls.
- elimination (for example, job re-design)
- substitution (for example, replace a telephone headset with a wireless headset)
- isolation (for example, locating the photocopier in a separate, well ventilated room away from employees)
- engineering (for example, providing noise barriers in a technology room)
- administration (for example, complete the ergonomics eLearning module)
Reviewed 28 January 2021